Saturday, June 11, 2016

Camino de Santiago: Big Things are Happening

Big things are happening in people's lives at this stage in the Camino. Now the Camino changes from affecting your body to affecting your emotions. The conversations we have as we walk and while we eat together have changed from the usual "where are you from and why are you doing this" to questions about God, faith, religion, love, spirituality, our relationships in our families, the meaning of life, the Catholic Church and other deep topics. 

Several of the pilgrims shared with me that they started crying in the middle of a field or in a church and they didn't know why but they knew at that moment that God was with them and something big in their lives had changed. I confess I had a similar experience during the pilgrim blessing last night. I am not even sure why I cried; maybe an overwhelming feeling of being loved by God. While we are not all sure that we understand what is happening, many of us know God is doing big things. I hope as I continue this journey to spend more time reflecting on that.

6 comments:

  1. I guess one advantage of your 'hike' is that it clears you from many of the worldly things that distract us from getting closer to God. We watched The Way last night which gave us more of an idea about your adventure. Thanks for keeping us posted so we feel close to you. Love, Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and Dad: I enjoy writing the blog knowing that you both read it. It is nice to share these things with you while they are happening. Love you and miss you both.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like God is working in the deepest part of your soul! Tears and healing go hand in hand. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes my heart to happy to read this! Let God work in you and through you! Cherish these big things- but remember that the little things aren't always so little. Praying for you and your fellow pilgrims!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fellow pilgrim. Sometime when I am in SOMD we will need to compare our experiences.

      Delete

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.