Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Officially a Pilgrim: Camino de Santiago 2016

Yes, after walking 350 miles I received the official Compostela. This medieval document is proof that I finished a religious pilgrimage and have gotten my indulgences for my suffering. (Oh, the suffering! Wink!) 
As a pilgrim I was also permitted to walk through the door for the Year of Mercy (Holy Year). (Notice the other pilgrim wearing the usual post walk sandals. Our feet just can't stand wearing boots after walking all day.) The whole time in the Cathedral was amazing and it may require a few more posts to share all that we did in our last days!

1 comment:

  1. I AM PROUD OF YOU! Your inspiration is so profound, thank you for letting us "look over your shoulder" as you traverse!

    God Bless you and traveling mercies for a safe return home!

    Warm regards,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.