Friday, November 25, 2016

Sunsets are Awesome in Fairhope, Alabama


I recently discovered the eastern shore of the Mobile Bay when some of my family relocated near Fairhope, Alabama. This week I had the pleasure of visiting them for Thanksgiving. As part of their regular routine, the family likes to drive down to the pier to watch the sunset and to take walks along the shore with the little kids. They suggested we head down before dinner on Wednesday night. The evening was warm, around 75 degrees with a slight breeze off the bay. As we walked along the pier the locals greeted us and showed my young grand nephews the fish they caught. The boys were excited to run out onto the long pier and to show me all the things they liked about living on the bay. I am afraid to admit this, but I think I am falling in love with this beautiful, relaxing, hospitable place. Everyone here is so friendly and the pace of life is much more relaxed than life in the Washington, DC metro area. I may have found my new favorite place to unwind and thank God for my many blessings. 




Since we are actually in a fall/winter month, the sun set around 4:30, so after watching the sunset we headed back to the house for dinner and some games. It was so fun to spend time with my sister, my nephew, his wife and their three little kids. Lots of laughs and a rousing game or two helped to round out a delightful day. I can't wait for our upcoming outing to Dauphin Island and the west coast of Mobile Bay. I highly recommend that if you are ever driving along Interstate 10 that you take some time to eat some seafood and to watch the sunset over Mobile Bay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.