Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Prepping for a New Life as Full-Time RVer

Greetings all you Camino Turtle Adventure fans.  I just stopped in to post a quick update to let you know that I am "retiring early" this coming fall and will soon start living full-time in an RV. While I am still in the early stages of planning for this, I wanted to share the news with those of you who have been following me in my adventure travels.

The first step in this process was to trade-in my 2008 Toyota Camry for a 2014 Honda CR-V. This will let me tow my new car behind a Class A RV with all four wheels on the ground.

The second step was to start giving away most of my things.  I will post more about my new minimalist lifestyle in a future post.

The third step was to establish my new address in Florida so I have a home state where I can vote and have health insurance while not having a "house".

The fourth step will be to sell my condo so I will have money to buy my RV. The condo is listed with a realtor and on Zillow so hopefully, over the summer a new owner will fall in love with it and buy it from me.

The final step will be to actually "early retire" from my current job.

To learn more about what I am doing to make the move from a "sticks and bricks" house with an office job to living, working and traveling in an RV full time, stop by my new website caminoturtletravels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.