Saturday, September 30, 2017

Toxic-Free RV Cleaning Using Essential Oils

It's Saturday, so you know what that means? Housekeeping chores. As a newly retired, full-time RV owner, I plan to spend Saturdays cleaning and maintaining the RV. (Since Saturdays are the busiest day for tourist locations, I can work on Saturdays and play when things are less crowded.) Living in a small RV I don't want toxic residue on everything. So I use a cleaner made by Young Living called Thieves which is infused with essential oils. At first, I was skeptical that Thieves would clean as well as my old store-bought products. So this past month I did a test. I cleaned one square of the floor in my RV with Thieves. Can you guess which square I cleaned in the photo shown here? Yup, I was amazed! So I washed the rest of the floor with the Thieves cleaner and the only thing I smelled when I was finished was cloves and other essential oils. I didn't need to vent the RV or worry about chemical smells.

Do you know what toxins are in these cleaners?
I am also making my own DIY cleaning products to replace the terrible toxic cleaners and beauty products I used to have under my kitchen sink and in my bathroom. For example, I used to love scented candles and air fresheners, but I recently discovered that many of these store-bought products have phthalates in them. To learn more about the risks of using scented candles and store-bought air sprays and scented plugs-ins read this Woman's Day Magazine article. You can also see what's in the products you use with an iPhone app called Healthy Living by the Environmental Working Group (EWG).

Natural, plant-based ingredients for DIY cleaners
In addition to cleaning with Thieves, I started making my own air fresheners and beauty products. My favorite new air freshener is one called Creamsicle. To make it, start with a base of 1/3 cup distilled water and 1 Tbsp witch hazel or vodka. Add 4 drops Young Living Tangerine Oil, 3 drops Young Living Orange Oil, 3 drops Young Living Stress Away Oil. I love YL's tangerine oil. Tangerine oils add an extra sweet aroma to the spray but if you don't have it, you can use 7 drops of orange oil instead.

To learn more about my journey to better health and a toxin-free life and how you can start using Young Living essential oils and products to create your own toxin-free life, stop by my Holy Rolling Oilers website.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.