Sunday, May 29, 2016

Corpus Christi on the Camino de Santiago:

Today was the feast of Corpus Christi. Last night when we got our Camino passport stamped at the church in Puerta la Reina, Marta told us to join the parish for Mass and the procession around the town on Sunday. While we wanted to walk on to the next village so we could keep up the pace, we decided instead to stay to see this unique experience. After a beautiful Mass we processed around the town. I will try and share the video when I have stronger wifi. 
After lunch we walked about 10 km (6 miles) to the hilltop village of Cirauqui. We limped into the village just as the rain came. Then we had a wonderful pilgrims meal with good wine, food, company, and conversation. Tonight is my last night with Julie and Melissa. So sad! In the morning I will take a cab with them to the station in Estella. After they leave I will get a hotel room and take a day of rest to deal with my blisters and allergies. (Ouch, sniffle)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity! Can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stayed for the procession, I bet it was wonderful. That is something we are missing in this country.

    ReplyDelete

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.