Monday, June 6, 2016

Burgos Cathedral

The cathedral in Burgos, Spain is amazingly beautiful. The photo above is of the inside of the dome and it really doesn't do it justice. Compared to many of the churches we saw along the Camino, this one is filled with bright light. There is such a difference in how you feel in a place like this. 
The darker churches in Navarra made me feel reflective and serious. The brightness and beauty of the Burgos Cathedral make me feel inspired and awe-filled. The place seems to have been made by angels. The details in the stonework and glass windows are so delicate and beautiful. I can only imagine how people felt the first time they experienced the brightness of this gothic church after only having seen the early medieval churches.  It makes me wonder how heaven will be if the earth is but a pale reflection. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Spectacular cathedral! I love to read your reflections, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inspiring. Love your reflections.

    ReplyDelete

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.