Friday, June 3, 2016

La Comida es Buena

I've made two amazing food discoveries while walking in Spain. First, tapas (pinchos) and a beer make a quick and easy dinner. The bar owners are always willing to teach you about the different little delicious plates they have pre-made, ready to be ordered. My favorites so far are a breaded chicken with some kind of amazing cream sauce and simple little Spanish ham (jamon) with cheese (queso) sandwiches. A beer and two tapas plates are 5 Euro. That's a great budget-friendly meal.
Second, after walking for about two hours, I try to find a little local bakery for a breakfast of cappuccino and a pastry. Some of the small villages only have a small bar but the larger towns have amazing patisseries. I'm sad that this isn't something I will likely continue to do when I return home since I won't be walking 10-13 miles a day to burn off the calories. So I will have to enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

  1. This is not my idea of a *rugged walk*. Bring home some of those pastries (Susie is not here to complain). Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.