Sunday, July 9, 2017

DIY Air Fresheners Using Essential Oils


Recently I researched ways to create non-toxic air fresheners after I learned more about the toxins that are actually in the ones you buy at the store. If you want to read more about the bad side effects from the phthalate found in many store-bought air fresheners and scented candles, go to my Holy Rolling Oilers website.

Now for the happy part of this post.  I found a way to make my own air fresheners using therapeutic quality essential oils that smell great, remove bad odors from the air and are healthy for me at the same time. These DIY air freshener recipes were created by me using Pinterest for inspiration. The base mixture for all of these DIY room sprays is the same. My measurements were for my small travel-sized aluminum spray bottles. If you use larger bottles, adjust the amounts accordingly.

DIY Room Sprays Base Recipe
1/3 cup distilled water
1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel
9-12 drops essential oils of choice (adjust to your preferred aroma)

Orange Creamsicle Room Spray
Add the following oils to the base recipe:
4 drops Young Living Tangerine Oil
3 drops Young Living Orange Oil
3 drops Young Living Stress Away Oil
I love YL's tangerine oil. Tangerine oils adds an extra sweet aroma to the spray but if you don't have it, you can use 7 drops of orange oil instead.

Mojito Room Spray
Add the following oils to the base recipe:
4 drops Young Living Peppermint Oil
3 drops Young Living Spearmint Oil
3 drops Young Living Lime Oil
I love the minty freshness of this mixture. The different mint oils are amazing.

Lemonade Room Spray
Add the following oils to the base recipe:
6 drops Young Living Lemon Oil
3 drops Young Living Grapefruit Oil
3 drops Young Living Stress Away Oil
This room spray just makes me smile with its fresh, clean smell.

Do you make your own room sprays with essential oils?  If yes, please share with all of us in the comments section of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.