Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Meal Prep Tool: Veggie Chopper

I love preparing my veggies ahead of time for my morning omelets and other meals and putting them in my freezer all set to use when I want. You may like doing this too. Recently I realized that there will be times when I am living full-time "off the grid" in my RV that I won't have electric hookups. This could be because I will be parked in a family member's driveway, at a Harvest Host vineyard or in a beautiful secluded state park.

Oh no! Does this mean I won't have access to a food processor to chop all my veggies without using a loud, smelly generator?  Yup, but have no fear, I found an amazing little tool that will save us all tons of time and effort and it uses no electricity.

It is the veggie chopper called the Vidalia Chop Wizard. (I bought mine at Walmart for $15). This amazing little box comes with two different size grids so you can "chop" your veggies into medium or small size cubes. This is so easy to use that when I thought about it, I realized that the only reason I was going to even bring my food processor on my RV was to chop veggies. So, my lovely food processor found a new home with my niece Jessica and I have a nice, small, efficient way to chop veggies without having to use any electricity. (Note, there are still some veggies I have to chop by hand, like carrots).  Hope you found this hack helpful. Even when I have access to electricity, I find using this little chopper is quicker and easier to clean than my larger food processor ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.