Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Camino de Santiago: Cow Bells and Caffe

My journey began this morning when the monks came into the dorms at 6:00 am singing something in Latin. I was out the door by 7:00am.  As you can see I have 790 kilometers to go.
If Navarra Spain had a national song it would have to be cowbells. Even the horses, goats, and sheep wear bells. Everywhere we walk we hear them. This area is rural, beautiful, and peaceful. I love this walk so far.
Stopped about 8:30am for cafe con leche y pan (coffee with milk and bread). The town was Basque, so cute and proud of it. Today, we will walk through 5 little towns. I can't wait!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I'm so happy for you, Turtle! It must have been lovely waking to singing monks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keeping on my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, this really looks beautiful! The hills also look steep. We did not realize you will be going through so many quaint towns. That keeps the walk more interesting. Thanks for the blogs. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so peaceful. Thanks for sharing. It is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.