Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Camino de Santiago: Hanging Out

I spent yesterday, June 7th, hanging out with the locals in Burgos. The ones shown here with me in the photo didn't have much to say (hee hee). Seriously, as a solo traveler in a country filled with non-English speakers, there are days when I speak no English at all and I only speak bad Spanish to the shopkeepers. Other days with the help of Google translate I have had full 30-minute conversations with the Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish pilgrims I've met along the way. I am learning a lot about myself and others through this process. So far it has been an amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is used to share photos and stories from my adventures with both older and younger friends and family, please keep your comments G-rated. Thank you.